I had to stop and think what she was referring to. Back tracking for those of you who don't know or remember, but last fall was a difficult year for Braden. Two officers were killed. One that was a friend and co-worker and the other was a close acquaintance of Braden's. He attended both funerals and during this time we talked privately (at least we thought) about what happened at the funerals and how the families and friends were coping with their loss.
So, I said to Ava, "One of Daddy's friends was in a car accident and Daddy's other friend was hurt by a bad guy." Then Ava asks, " Who is going to be that little girl's daddy?" I couldn't believe it! It brought tears to my eyes, just hearing her ask. Unfortunately, I didn't have a good answer to her question other than, "I don't know sweetie, I don't know."
Ava amazes me everyday with things she talks about, questions she has, and how mature she sounds. She has so much insight into people's feelings and it often makes me wonder what is going on in her little head. What made her think about that event almost a year later... in the car... after story time?
So, this post is in honor of that little girl and her family and Ava and her daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment