Today I asked Ava to take a little rest so she wouldn’t have the “grumpies”. At that, Ava climbed up in my lap and told me how much her tummy hurt. Being the loving father that I am, I snuggled her tight and asked her what was wrong. “I don’t know daddy, my tummy just hurts so bad.” I rocked her and snuggled her close while she gave that little whiney moan only a child in “true” pain could deliver. Then she looked up at me with her big green eyes and said “Daddy, do you know what would make my tummy feel better?” Thinking my 3 year old little angel was going tell me she had snuck a snack behind my back or that she needed to go for a walk or maybe even use the potty. I leaned in, brushed the hair from her face and kissed her forehead and asked in my most soothing concerned daddy voice, “What would make your tummy feel better baby?” She looked up at me, paused and the corners of her little lips began to curl as she said in her mousy little voice, “Some chocolate daddy that would make my tummy feel a lot better.” Then she gave me a big grin and began to laugh. What a sucker- I won’t be duped again….right?!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Chocolate Cake
Today I asked Ava to take a little rest so she wouldn’t have the “grumpies”. At that, Ava climbed up in my lap and told me how much her tummy hurt. Being the loving father that I am, I snuggled her tight and asked her what was wrong. “I don’t know daddy, my tummy just hurts so bad.” I rocked her and snuggled her close while she gave that little whiney moan only a child in “true” pain could deliver. Then she looked up at me with her big green eyes and said “Daddy, do you know what would make my tummy feel better?” Thinking my 3 year old little angel was going tell me she had snuck a snack behind my back or that she needed to go for a walk or maybe even use the potty. I leaned in, brushed the hair from her face and kissed her forehead and asked in my most soothing concerned daddy voice, “What would make your tummy feel better baby?” She looked up at me, paused and the corners of her little lips began to curl as she said in her mousy little voice, “Some chocolate daddy that would make my tummy feel a lot better.” Then she gave me a big grin and began to laugh. What a sucker- I won’t be duped again….right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment